Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 22: 7 years, take 2

Today I woke up on the floor of my friend Madison's house next to to Jordan. He was next to Jenny. Tori was above us. There was also a potato somewhere that Jenny had confiscated around 5 in the morning. I didn't so much wake up, as become more and more aware of my surroundings. I think I slept for at least an hour or two. I mean, the last thing I remember it was dark, and then it was light. Not much sleeping was had.

Today was the last day of Grease. Our third packed house. And the last show for us seniors. There were many emotions which I will not say for fear of starting them up again.

I'm going to admit right here that I've been wearing the t-shirt from my 9th grade musical, State Fair, for the last 30 or so hours. Mascara is smeared across a corner of it. I can't be tamed.

Tomorrow the seniors are wearing our senior sweatshirts and the t-shirt from our favorite show. I'm going with Larceny and Old Lace from 8th grade. Up until this weekend I would say that it was our best show but now I'm not so sure. But I wore my Grease t-shirt on Friday. Anyway, it's nice to have an excuse to wear t-shirts and sweatshirts tomorrow. Scumday, Monday, whaddup! Especially since it's supposed to be really rainy.

That's another thing. Sunday shows have always been bright and clear and early with a vague chill in the air and wispy, white cirrus clouds. Today it was damp and grey and drizzling and I thought it was quite fitting. My group of seniors was much more emotional than any other group that I can remember. (We blame Dan for it.) So it's follows that the sky is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment